Terms of Participation in the Sitiamemories Website
- The Development Organization of Sitia (OAS), the Municipal Organization of Socio-Cultural Development of Sitia (DOKAS) and the Single Share Company of Sitia (MADES) cooperate with the Municipality of Sitia (hereafter referred to as “Organizers”) for the promotion of the Municipality of Sitia, through the online platform www.sitiamemories.com – www.Sitiamemories.gr and through the organization of a photographic and audiovisual competition (hereafter referred to as “Competition”), with the following terms of participation (hereafter “Terms”).
- The Organizers have created, in addition to the official website and corresponding accounts on social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, etc., where the competition and the promotion of the material will take place through a special application, through which the winner will be selected and there will be an overall display of the material.
- Those who have completed the 16th year of age have the right to participate in the competition.
- The employees of the Organizers as well as their first and second degree relatives and their spouses are excluded from the Competition.
- It is clarified that social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, etc. are not related or manage the Competition in any way.
- No fee is required for participation.
- In order to participate, you must register your email or sign up on the Website (either directly or through your existing social media accounts).
- The participant may also take part with more than one entry in the Competition either per category or in general.
- Any comments which are abusive, offensive or generally against the law and good business ethics are not acceptable.
- Each user profile can participate more than once (1) in the competition and receive as many entries as defined by the respective permitted actions.
- The winner will be announced following a decision by a special committee set up by the Organizers.
- Trough electronic communication, the winner will be asked for his / her full details (name, full address, mobile phone number) in order for the Organizers to be able to verify the identity of the person during the delivery of the gift. The management of personal data is done in accordance with the applicable law.
- By participating in the competition, the participant automatically accepts the inclusion of the e-mail message account that they declare, in the list of acceptance of informative messages by the Organizers.
- The gifts are specific, personal or family and cannot be exchanged, nor can they be asked to be replaced with others or redeemed at any cost.
- Furthermore, the Organizers bear no responsibility, criminal or civil, to any winner or third party, for any accident that may occur and / or any damage and / or any physical or material damage caused directly or indirectly related to the gifts or for any other reason.
- By participating in the competition and registering on the website, the participant automatically accepts the free use of audiovisual or photographic material by the Organizers for the purpose of touristic promotion of the Municipality of Sitia.
- By participating in the competition and registering on the website, the participant automatically accepts the free concession of the copyright of the audiovisual or photographic material to the Organizers, with the sole purpose of the touristic promotion and of the Municipality of Sitia.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- The management and protection of the personal data of the user / participant in the website and the competition is governed by the terms of this and the relevant provisions of both the Greek and the European law.
- The personal details of the participants as well as of the respective winners, may be disclosed to third parties (with the exception of what the Law provides as for the competent authorities only), but their personal character is protected.
- The Organizers keep records with these data exclusively for communication purposes, sending informative emails, statistics and improving the services provided.
- In any case, the users / participants in the website or in the competition have the ability, after contacting the competent department and ascertaining the existence of their personal file, to request its erasure, correction or change.
- Participation in the website or in the competition automatically and unconditionally constitutes acceptance of these General Terms, without any further charge or procedure.
The Organizers reserve the right to modify the terms of the competition, change the offered gifts, extend or shorten the duration of the Competition without prior notice.
As of May 25, 2018, the new General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016) is in force (for the sake of brevity, Regulation).
The Regulation establishes rules concerning the protection of individuals against the processing of personal data and rules concerning the free circulation of personal data.
The Municipality of Sitia is responsible for the processing of personal data in relation to the promotion of photographic or audiovisual material, its services and websites. The seat of the Municipality of Sitia is located in Greece.
With this text we request your consent to the processing of your personal data by the Municipality of Sitia. With this text we provide you with the following information:
- The purposes of the processing for which your personal data is intended as well as the legal basis for the processing of your personal data.
- The categories of your personal data which we collect.
- Recipients or categories of recipients of your data.
- The measures we take for the security of your personal data.
- The length of time your personal data will be stored for.
- Your rights under the Regulation.
- Connections to other sites.
- The identity and contact details of our company
1. PURPOSE OF PROCESSING & LEGAL BASIS
The purpose of processing is:
The touristic promotion of the Municipality of Sitia, through the online platform www.sitiamemories.com – www.Sitiamemories.gr and through the organization of a photographic and audiovisual competition.
Holding competitions, the provision of gifts and other promotional activities which advertise the area of the Municipality of Sitia.
The provision of informative newsletters, leaflets, guidebooks, posters and other means of communication via e-mail etc. Following are details in the section entitled “Marketing Content Communication”.
The creation of anonymous, centralized statistics on the use of our websites, products and services, which our Municipality may disclose to third parties and / or make available to the public.
Monitoring of our websites, electronic services and emails to protect you, our employees as well as our partners. This information may be provided to the police or other competent authorities.
The legal basis for this processing is Article 6 (1) of the Regulation.
2. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We do not process personal data that reveal racial or ethnic origin, political views, religious or philosophical beliefs, participation in a trade union organization, genetic or biometric data.
Some of our services are automated and in case you accidentally provide us with incorrect or sensitive information, there is always the possibility of not detecting it.
The Organizers collect information you provide or information available from other sources or information about social media.
Information you provide us with
In any of your “interactions” with our site, you may be asked to provide us with information about you. For example:
- Some of our services, such as registration, require you to create an account. When creating each account, you are usually asked for information such as your name, surname and contact details.
- When you visit us at a public event (e.g. a photo exhibition) or participate in any of our surveys, competitions or guidebooks, we may ask you for information such as your business status, name and surname, your contact details, interests and preferences regarding our products and services.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also collect information from sources available to the public and third parties, in cases such as:
If you use any of our social networking applications, pages or add-ons or any of our products or services that allow interaction with social networks, we may receive information regarding your social media accounts.
- If you link to any of our websites or services through a social networking account, we may receive your key information from your respective profile on that social network. The content and extent of the key information we receive depends on the privacy settings of your account, however they may include your ID, name, profile picture, gender and your local settings. We may also receive additional information about your profile if you provide us with access to it.
- If you click on a “like”, “+1” or “tweet” button or a similar button on one of our websites or services, we may record this fact. Also, the content you post may also be posted on your profile or on your own and your friends’ feed on the respective social network. We may receive information about further interactions with this published content (for example, if your contacts click on a link to the published content), which we may associate with the details we keep about you.
- If you click on a “like”, “+1” or other similar button on our pages on a social networking site, we may receive information about your profile on that social network, always depending on your account’s privacy settings.
Marketing content communications
When you provide us with contact information, for example when you create an account for some of the services, or participate in a competition, you may be given the opportunity to register (or in some cases, where the applicable law allows it, to unsubscribe) for receiving various newsletters and other kinds of communication from the Organizers., via email, telephone and / or text message (SMS).
You can change your preferences at any time regarding marketing communications. If you want to be removed from the list of email recipients, follow the unsubscribe link and / or the instructions (usually) at the bottom of the email.
3. RECIPIENTS OR CATEGORIES OF RECIPIENTS OF YOUR DATA
The Organizers do not disclose any personal information to third parties without your consent. However, there are some exceptions:
- A) To providers of our services:
We may use third party service providers to process your information on our behalf for the purposes referred to previously. For example, to execute commands, process material, send text messages (SMS), provide marketing support, provide fraud control and provide customer service.
The service providers we work with act in accordance with our guidelines only, always in compliance with this policy and are committed to appropriate confidentiality and security obligations.
- B) Legal and business purposes:
We may use and / or disclose information about you to third parties such as:
- Government bodies and law enforcement authorities, to prevent fraud and ensure compliance with the law, as well as to satisfy a reasonable request by these bodies and authorities.
- third parties (including professional consultants) for the enforcement or defense of the legal rights of the Municipality of Sitia.
Regarding the notification of information by you:
Some of the Organizers’ online services allow you to upload and share messages, photos, videos and other content and links.
You should not expect that any of the information you share with others through social networking sites will be kept private or confidential. The content and links you share, for example, may be promoted by your recipients to others. You should always be discreet when using such services.
4. PROCESSING SAFETY
The security of your personal data is extremely important to us. We take all appropriate organizational and technical measures to ensure that your personal data collected under this Statement is processed in accordance with the requirements of the legislation for the protection of individuals against such processing.
These measures, as the case may be, include:
- Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information (SSL encryption is designed to make data unreadable to anyone but us).
- Limit access to the information we collect about you (for example, access is only allowed to staff members who need your information to carry out our activities).
- implementation of physical, electronic and procedural safety measures in compliance with industry standards.
5. THE LENGTH OF TIME FOR WHICH YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL BE AVAILABLE
We are committed to maintaining your personal data for up to five (5) years after the end of our partnership.
The only exception is in the case of specific Community or national rules (e.g. tax legislation) extending data storage over a longer period of time.
They are then deleted in a way that does not allow them to be retrieved.
6. YOUR RIGHTS, ACCORDING TO THE REGULATION
In the framework of the Regulation, you may additionally exercise the following rights deriving from the provisions of the Regulation:
- Access and correct your personal data in case of processing inaccurate data concerning you.
- Deleting your personal data if it is no longer necessary to provide a service.
- Limit the processing of your data.
- Opposition to the processing of your data.
- Portability of data to another editor, i.e. your right to receive your data in an appropriate format, so that it is technically possible to transfer it to another editor.
- In addition, you reserve the right to submit a written complaint to the competent supervisory authority regarding the protection of personal data, i.e. to the Personal Data Protection Authority (1-3 Kifisias Ave., 115 23 23 Athens, + 30 210 6475600, contact email email@example.com).
7. CONNECTIONS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Some of our websites may contain links to other websites that do not belong to the Municipality of Sitia.
Although the Municipality of Sitia tries to provide links only to sites that meet its high standards and privacy protection, we bear no responsibility for the content, security or privacy practices of any such website. You should read the privacy and cookie management policies of each website to learn how your personal information can / will be used.
For the Municipality of Sitia, “Child” is any person under the age of 16. We do not request or collect any personal information from or about any child without the consent of the person who has parental care.
If the Organizers realize that any information they have obtained is related to a child for whom the necessary consent of the person who has parental care has not been obtained, they will make every reasonable effort to:
- delete this information from their files as soon as possible
- ensure, if deletion is not possible, that this information will not be used for any further purpose and will not be further disclosed to any third party.
If the person who has parental responsibility has any questions regarding the processing of personal data of the child by us, they can contact us using the information provided in the section “Identity of the Municipality of Sitia and Contact information”.
9. IDENTIFICATION OF OUR COMPANY AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Contact the Municipality of Sitia
The contact numbers of the Municipality of Sitia are: 2843-3-40500 & 2843-3-40501
MUNICIPALITY FAX: 28430-24584
Contact the municipality via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The address of the Municipality of Sitia is:
Vartholomaiou 9 – PC.72300 – Sitia, Crete.